10/25/2012

On the day of { 10 | 13 | 12 }...

(Photograph by Dave Fretz)

As it goes, time has passed and much has happened. Namely, my last name! The time came a week and a half ago, on October 13, 2012, where I finally got married to my guy!

I can tell you I plan on never getting married again (Lord willing) as planning of the wedding is the downfall of stable women everywhere (okay, not the only reason, I assure you). I can also tell you, though, that all the headaches and few emotional breakdowns all lead up to the most memorable day. My family & friends went above and beyond in making sure I was not worried about anything on the day but getting my "Mrs" on. And I thank them for the many sacrifices they gave to make it so perfect for us.

It's true, all that they say: the day flies by and you look back and wish it could go on. On the day specifically, I do remember that during the bits of downtime before the ceremony, my adrenaline began to pump and all I wanted was to walk down that aisle to hold Dallen's hand.

Now it's been a week and a half of marriage, and it still feels surreal. I still feel like one of us is visiting and we'll have to leave for the night...but neither of does! It's truly a blessing. He is a blessing.

And remember, friends, I'm promising that just because I'm married now, doesn't mean I'm not up for a good time. Yeah, I may cook up a beefy dinner for my man once in awhile, but last night we locked ourselves out of our house while having a pipe on the deck and we had to break in.

The adventures begin...

No comments: